Background of the Directorate
Years of trust, credibility, and authenticity are what build a brand progressively. Education, at any phase, is the crux of life. Education aims at holistically developing an individual as opposed to only the academics part of it. For an educational institution to emerge as a distinct identity & grow into a successful brand, branding plays a crucial role.
Vision,Mission , Motto and Core Value
- Vision: WSUIRD aspires to make WSU become one of the leading applied universities nationally and top ranked university in East Africa by 2030 GC.
- Mission: WSUIRD is dedicated to create links to help WSU produce competent graduates, produce problem solving research outputs, transfer appropriate technologies and deliver demand driven community and consultancy services.
- Core Values WSUIRD: Quality in all, Customer first: Solidarity and Teamwork: Sustainability: Invention and Innovation: Care for Staff: Faithful to ethics:
- Motto: Knowledge in action
The University has the eagerness to work as a partner university with others in Europe, Asia, USA, Africa, and Australia as well as those in Ethiopia to bring to realization of the mission and visions. Owing our 14 years’ experience in teaching, our teaching-learning and researches become more practical oriented and custom-made to solve the industry and community based technology challenges.
The need for internationalization has arisen from the desire to promote mutual understanding; the migration of skilled staff in a globalized economy, the desire of the institutions to generate additional revenues, or the need to build a more educated workforce in the home countries.
More specifically, the rationale for involvement in internationalization includes:
- Preparing graduates who are internationally conversant,
- Building strategic alliance and partnership with different parties in Ethiopia and abroad,
- Promoting innovation and diversity of programs,
- Responding to the demand domestic labour market,
- Ensuring research and scholarship that address national and international issues,
- Maintaining economic, scientific and technological competitiveness,
- Acknowledging and reflecting ethnic and cultural diversity in Ethiopia and abroad,
- Contributing to social transformation processes in all over the world, and
- Generating additional sources of facility and income.
We are keen to express our interests in developing international collaboration with other institutions on one side, and to indicate the means of establishing the partnership, on the other. It is a clear, transparent, inviting and responsive document to those who want to establish partnership and exert an organized effort with us.
Based on the above rational, our office is pleased to collaborate with your well-regarded institution in the following areas:
- Technology transfers
- Joint development and demand driven community services,
- Joint research projects which can contribute to the community,
- Exchange of knowledge in education and research activities,
- Joint organization of conferences, seminars, and other academic meeting etc.
- Staff exchange and scholarly visit
- E-learning technology advancement